Internship for prospective translators
Our well-situated office in the centre of Vienna offers students, currently enrolled in a Translation or Modern Languages degree course, the opportunity to gain practical experience in translation and terminology management as well as to improve their knowledge of CAT tools.
We are searching for students who require an internship as part of their degree programme.
- excellent knowledge of the German language
- excellent knowledge of the English language (English as a native language would be an advantage)
- further knowledge of other foreign languages would be an advantage
- basic knowledge of CAT tools would be an advantage
- experience translating texts into the native language
Areas of responsibility:
- translating texts from German and ideally another language into the native language
- proofreading translations in the same language combinations
- terminology management with CAT tools: importing glossaries into a terminology database, alignment of translations, organisation of translation memories and terminology databases
- finding qualified translators/interpreters with certain language combinations
- supporting the project managers
Duration of internship:
4-6 months, 30-35 hours per week
Calculated upon working hours, in the range of €300-€500 per month.
If interested, please send your letter of motivation and CV to jobs(at)interlingua.at.
We look forward to hearing from you!