The advantages of using CAT tools
At Interlingua, all your translations are saved in your own firm specific translation memories (TM) and a free terminology database (TB) is generated using technical terms from your texts.
This results in the following advantages:
- Consistent use of language and consideration of the specific wording of your company
- Higher text quality from the uniform and consistent use of terminology
- Cost reduction from the analysis of repetitions and similarities in previously saved translations
- Processing of larger text quantities, as several translators can work on a project without compromising the consistency of the translation
- Time saving by reusing translations and terminology entries
- Guaranteed uniform terminology which conforms to your firm’s specific corporate wording
- High-quality and terminologically consistent translations delivered within short deadlines
Advantages of CAT tools for technical editing
CAT tools primarily serve to assist translators. They are also very useful for technical editors who often work as translators as well.
- Acceleration of the editing and translation processes
- Workflow in accordance with EN ISO 17100: The EN ISO 17100 standard regulates the collaboration between translators, revisors and linguistic editors. With the help of CAT tools, each person involved in the process has a certain role with clearly defined rules. This allows all involved in the process to work together efficiently.
- Editing different file formats: CAT tools can be used to work on files that you would not be able to open without access to the relevant programme. Translation software offers a preview of the original document. This can be useful when a graphic is being explained, for example.
In the menu at the bottom of this page you can find more information on how we use each CAT tool (memoQ, across, SDL Trados).