Terminology management and terminology databases
Consistent use of terms is crucial for effective communication. Dealing with misunderstandings from inconsistent wording and use of language costs both time and money. In order to present your company, image and brand in the best light, it is crucial to agree upon standardised terminology (corporate wording) that is to be used consistently across all divisions. Interlingua ensures that all of your texts are translated consistently using the terms specifically to your company.
Using the latest translation technology, we store the specified terms and phrases free of charge in so-called translation memories and terminology databases. These terms are then used for all of your future translations. This significantly improves the quality of your translation as your corporate wording and company specific terminology is used in a uniform and consistent way. We would be happy to help you set up your own tailor-made terminology database and discuss how to effectively implement this at your company.
Advantages of shared terminology management
- Higher text quality: Harmonising the terminology of texts from all divisions results in more straightforward information and a reduction of errors. This leads to fewer questions and complaints from end clients.
- Greater legal certainty through clear definitions: Legally protect your company by using only unambiguously worded contracts and clear warnings.
- Cost reduction and time saving by reusing terminology in texts and translations: Time is saved not only during the process of creating texts, but also, for example, by receiving fewer questions from clients.
- Consolidation of corporate identity through consistent corporate wording: This leads to a significant increase in customer loyalty and allows for a greater competitiveness.
- Improvement of communication and knowledge transfer both internally and externally.